Thank you so much to Tempest from Nonsense & Shenanigans for this nomination – that it comes from you makes it even sweeter. Your blog is beautiful in its candor and emotional honesty, and your willingness and ability to so openly share your life is truly inspirational … and the pictures of your son on Tired Toddler Thursdays never fail to make me smile, and even laugh out loud! This page alone is worth a look, but don’t stop there – Nonsense & Shenanigans is an insightful, superbly written, intelligent and provocative read.
The rules for accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Thank you to the amazing blogger who nominated you, with a link back to their blog. (above)
2. List the rules and display the award on your blog. (here)
3. Share seven facts about yourself (below)
4. Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated. (below)
Seven Facts About Myself:
1. I research voraciously, compulsively and habitually. Everything. I research everything. And then I ponder, consider, contemplate and analyze everything I researched. All conclusions, when finally arrived at, are my own.
2. I am well organized. OK, I’m compulsively organized. If I don’t know where something is, I know I didn’t put it away. I can’t NOT put something in its proper place. Seriously.
3. I used to be a Gloomy Gus, or in my case a Dysthymic Dan – For a long time I didn’t know that life could be as wonderful as it is.
4. I am a foodie who is very fortunate – I’ve eaten in some of the world’s finest restaurants. However, the best food I have ever eaten wasn’t prepared by a Michelin Starred chef working in a Paris bistro; the best food I have ever eaten was in Positano, Italy; La Tagliata – a family owned establishment.
5. I have dyslexia – if it weren’t for spell check you wouldn’t be able to figure out what I was trying to say!
6. I am really, really smart. Too smart for my own good, but I am also terribly aloof–so combined with my dyslexia you wouldn’t necessarily recognize my superior <cough, cough> intellect. No really, I’m smart.
7. I have a quick wit and a great sense of humor – I consider these to be my greatest assets.
And now, my nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. http://bpnurse.com/ I’m a fiftysomething nurse and writer who also happens to suffer from a nasty little mental illness called Bipolar Disorder.
2. http://livingbreathingbeing.wordpress.com/ The mental health System has failed many people.
3. http://kimberlyharding.wordpress.com/ Soul Healing Art
4. http://timiarah.com/ My blog is full of variety. I have a strong interest in several topics so I cover a different topic every day. You can see an outline of my posting schedule on the “Posting Schedule” page.
5. http://piecesofbipolar.wordpress.com/ Bipolar, Mental Illness, Poetry
6. http://athenaswickedowl.com/ My alter ego is a bad bitch
7. http://takingthemaskoff.wordpress.com/ This is about mental health, addiction, recovery, and stigma.
8. http://ccchanel41.wordpress.com/ Random thoughts on life, love, the world
9. http://wheninspirationhitsyou.wordpress.com/ The life of a wanderer
10. http://projectltl.com/ A bucketlist exploring happiness, growth, the world.
11. http://marblechasing.wordpress.com/ I had a bag of marbles, they were all parts of me
12. http://depressiondisassembler.wordpress.com/ Living, breathing, surviving and coping with mental illness.
13. http://lulufille.wordpress.com/ If I were to blog my life, It’d go like this …
14. http://weatheringthestormbp.com/ Hope, support and insight to those affected by bipolar and other mental illnesses.
15. http://nolomovement.wordpress.com/ Promoting awareness and empowering survivors of child abuse.
OK, I think that’s it! I’m going to post now, but I won’t have time to personally notify all the fantastically inspirational bloggers I nominated until later tonight … so if you see your blog here, but haven’t heard from me yet, you will soon!